Thursday, November 15, 2012

My Future Job


I am doing a major in archaeology, because I like to understand “why the people do what they do”, and I discovered in the first year of the university that there is a very important thing in the mind of the people, which many times work in an unconsciously manner: the weight of the past. Sometimes we don’t understand why we are doing this thing of this manner and why the other manner is less preferable. Here is the past, far away on time or very recently, if we understand how and what is this “form or manner” to do and think, we will be able to anticipate what is the thing that we need to do or what is the one we don’t, in a determinate context. 

In my perspective, is a challenge to understand these manners to do things in the past, because this can give us the opportunity to answer the question about: who are we? 

For this major there are a many works that I can do. I can be an analyst in some materiality or class of artifacts, working in a laboratory. Or maybe I can go and participate of the findings and the excavation process of a site. This last way can be divided in two areas: the academic research and the environment impact studies. The first way produces papers and information just for the knowledge. The second way, extract the cultural artifact from the places that are going to be use to put on a building construction. I don’t know why, but I could and would like to do all of these jobs, and I think that is more important the workmates you’ll have than the job itself, at least I think in this way today.  

If I was asked in a job interview about my strengths and weaknesses, I would say that my first strength is my high responsibility and my weakness is that I am too perfectionist, and this can make me be very taken of my own ideas.   

No comments:

Post a Comment