Thursday, November 22, 2012

ENGLISH LANGUAGE CHALLENGES


I started this subject in level two, so I think that I have a little experience. I think it was especially good this last level, I don’t know why, maybe because this year I need read a lot of papers in English and this have been a good complement that make me have more practice not just in the English IV class. I found that the level two and three was less demanding: the level two was more in spoken in Spanish, maybe too much. And in level three was difficult understand the accent of the teacher, but not too much for what I didn’t can learn a little. 

This last class has been more constructive, more demanding, and I think that this go well with my form of learning.

About the use of blogs, I think it was a good manner to practice more about putting our ideas in order and being able to write for what other person can read and comment our post. 
I need to improve my ability to think in English and, after, to be able to express them to others. In fact, also, I think that I should speak a lot in English to improve my pronunciation. Sometimes I can understand so good when Chileans speak en English, but the accent and idiom from USA and UK speakers is weird to me. Maybe, I could improve this just leaving to watch movies subtitled and trying to understand just with the sound. But I think this isn’t sufficient, so I have thought take other classes outside to obtain a major level in English. 

Outside the English class I need to use constantly my English, mainly reading scientific papers and books in the great majority of my other classes. But also, I use my English for listening music and reading novels and books no related with the university.  

2 comments: